Patent-pending OptiGas is the first fully engineered, automated and integrated smart fill system for insulating glass. With OptiGas, you can precisely hit thermal performance targets, scientifically verify actual thermal conductivity and slash IG costs.
What do you get with OptiGas?
- Precise, consistent and tunable gas mix ratios and thermal performance .
- Full control of the competitive characteristics of your IG for maximum marketing impact.
- The ability to fabricate the best-performing U value IG at a cost far less than previously possible.
- Virtual elimination of krypton waste.
- No undetected leaks. OptiGas monitors cylinders and sounds an alarm is there is a leak.
- Flexibility. Whether a unit gets argon, krypton or both, it goes to the same station and gets the same nozzle inserted. OptiGas does the rest.
- Efficiency. Scanning the unit bar code pulls up the right gas mix for that unit. And OptiGas 1000 works in standard production flow.
- No production restrictions. With OptiGas, you decide which and how much gas goes in each unit.
What you get with OptiGas is confidence and possibilities. Like achieving the highest performing U value, higher than currently possible. Or double pane R-5 at the lowest cost. Or creating “Good, Better, Best” product lines. And selling all of it knowing that the thermal performance you promise is the thermal performance you deliver.
Move from bad art to scientific gas filling. The time is now.
To meet increasing standards and customer expectations, expect more IG to be specified with krypton. For conventional gas filling systems, which are more art than science, this is a challenge. For OptiGas, it’s a breeze.
Conventional gas filling issues
Conventional gas filling is inexact. Operators must identify and route the right units to the right fill station, resulting in inefficiencies and errors. You can fill with krypton or argon through one nozzle, but not both. Actual yields are difficult if not impossible to determine with conventional gas filling.
With conventional gas filling, you don’t know how much krypton is in your cylinders. Leaks go undetected. You carry extra cylinders to compensate. U values are unverified. Meanwhile, with every unit you fill, half the krypton spills on the floor. Which is the same as throwing away every other cylinder you buy.
With OptiGas, you eliminate all these issues.